main page ********** characters ********** events ********** quotes ********** random ramblings

Event 19: A visit to Edward's house

I went to stay with my good friend Ed in Cambridge for 4 days. During that time we, along with many other friends:


Investigated the origins of the words 'midwife' and 'ladybird'.

Stopped Ed from attempting to barbeque in a shed (on which he wanted to cook a joint of beef...)

Tried to build a 5-base human pyramid, a traditional fixture at Nick's birthday parties (I was, thankfully, too heavy and not nearly strong enough to be persuaded to take part!)

Had a non-trip to Ely to visit closed tea shops.

Saw some very cute ducklings and some very evil duck/geese type birds.
Discussed such random things as deep fried ice cubes and frying butter in butter.

Decided that the best name for a club would be 'hey nonny nonny'.

Had a Perudo championship, which started as an exercise in probability and ended up as psychological analysis of game play (Ed claims to have won 4-3, which is fine because he was playing to win and I was playing because I like games)

Ate cake.

Persuaded Chris J to get his hair cut.

Wrapped the most awkward birthday present ever ("I think I need a girl!" Ed)

Ate silly amounts of chicken soup (I did point out that it was a very large tin...)

Got very wet; well, I did, Ed is strangely rain repellent.

Enjoyed the delights of Ed's driving (Ed "anticlockwise" Drake)

Made good use of the 3 second rule (and no, Ed, taking the chair seat with you is NOT fair play)

Caught up with lots of friends we haven't seen for ages.

And generally had a wonderful time.

No comments: