main page ********** characters ********** events ********** quotes ********** random ramblings

Quotation: "a passage or remark repeated by someone other than the person who originally said or wrote it"

I've had to get my dictionary out quite a few times recently. I've got a new friend (one half of the Cowans) and she uses some pretty big words. Just in average, everyday emails, texts and conversation we've had:

disenfranchisement
procure
cursory
manoeuvred
excursion
naif
amillennialist
curtailed

Maybe it's just me, but they're not words I use very often!
She's also very good at producing quotes.

I'm all on for a ritual conflagration of paper plates. Kathy

If what one really believes is borne out by what one actually does I'm with you 100% on the dusting hypothesis. Kathy

...but I think you will escape the 17th century axe! Kathy

Truly there is a crisis. Kathy

Sorry what were you saying before I mounted my soapbox? Kathy

Feel the outrage! Kathy

Rejoice and leave that monitor on. Kathy



But Kathy's not the only one who has been making me smile recently.

I can't dot any faster! Laura

At least I haven't tapped in it this time. Dad

Goldfinches! Dad (actually, I don't think we got much past 'Goldfi' before laughing too much!)

Quick, get the socks out! Tom B

You'd think there'd be a better way of moving cars about the country... Anna

... No, I'll be sat in the corner merrily taking notes as everyone else procreates! James

That was a proper ribbet! James

I've never showered by candlelight before. Gav

Laura: What's this?
Gav: I don't know, but I've got one too!

No comments: