15th - 18th Feb 2007
Wooo! Back in Cambridge again. And I got to see soooooo many friends, even Nicola (who lives in Manchester) and Steve (who lives in Lancaster)!!! The 4 days went something like this: bus, coffee*, hall, coffee, lunch, coffee, dinner, brunch, London (see separate post), dinner, baptisms, lunch, bus. Not that there was much of a food theme going on...

After 4 hours on busses (I'm getting to love those roundabouts in Milton Keynes and the 20 min wait at Bedford bus station...) what I needed was a nice trip to hall. Not much had changed there, and they even had the leeks in white sauce, one of my favourites :) Then an evening in the mcr bar followed (thanks postgrad friends) where we played some crazy game which involved swapping lots of cards and trivial pursuit. We won trivial pursuit. Well, Mark won trivial pursuit, I didn't really contribute very much to the team.
Wooo! Back in Cambridge again. And I got to see soooooo many friends, even Nicola (who lives in Manchester) and Steve (who lives in Lancaster)!!! The 4 days went something like this: bus, coffee*, hall, coffee, lunch, coffee, dinner, brunch, London (see separate post), dinner, baptisms, lunch, bus. Not that there was much of a food theme going on...
After 4 hours on busses (I'm getting to love those roundabouts in Milton Keynes and the 20 min wait at Bedford bus station...) what I needed was a nice trip to hall. Not much had changed there, and they even had the leeks in white sauce, one of my favourites :) Then an evening in the mcr bar followed (thanks postgrad friends) where we played some crazy game which involved swapping lots of cards and trivial pursuit. We won trivial pursuit. Well, Mark won trivial pursuit, I didn't really contribute very much to the team.
Friday was a fairly relaxed day of meeting up with lots of friends. Chat chat chat. And in the evening Jo, Louise and I cooked curry. Louise learnt why you shouldn't touch your face after chopping chillis, which is an important lesson for all budding cooks. No, really, don't try it, it's not nice. After eating dinner we made models out of plasticine. Louise made the himalayas (typical geologist!), I attempted to make a volcano which Louise promptly turned into a viking's hat (yep, that's how good a volcano it was!) and Jo made a dog. There is an explanation as to why Jo had a load of plasticine in her room, it has to do with a GCSE physics retake class...The trip to London to see Evita (see event 16) was followed by a meal at Edwinn's for Louise's and Chris's birthdays. It's quite posh in there. After a little flirting with the waiter we ordered our food. But pronouncing the menu proved a little difficult for John W who ordered camenberT for starter followed by saLmon with mouse, carefully pronouncing every letter in each word. He cracks me up. The food was good and we had a pretty jolly evening. I think I should make more friends so I'm invited to birthday parties more often :)
Louise and Clare got baptised on Sunday. Yay! It was a really good service and they both spoke really well, giving very honest testimonies. Clare did a good job of embarassing Ruth, making her go a nice red colour and hide. When Louise and Clare had dried out a little we set off for chillis, but a quick headcount revealed we were a man down. As we all searched our memories for the last time we'd seen Jo, Ruth ran back to Eden to see if we'd left her behind. But we couldn't find her anywhere so we had to continue on without her. It was a sad journey without our friend Jo, but it had a happy ending because when we got to chillis we found her there, waiting for us! At Chillis we rearranged the restaurant tables to suit our need, getting the little waiter men to run and fetch more chairs as we required. And with more food then we could possibly imagine eating and balloons, my time in Cambridge came to a very happy end.
*'coffee' stands for meeting up with a friend for coffee. But it does not necessarily imply that coffee was drunk or even present. I never drink coffee.
No comments:
Post a Comment