main page ********** characters ********** events ********** quotes ********** random ramblings

Fancy dress party

There aren't many things I come across that I just have to share. But I have found a list of fancy dress ideas for bible characters (don't ask!) that is hilarious. The helpful comments in brackets are just genious.

These are my favourites:

  • Bathsheba (wear a shower cap)
  • Cow (fat cow or skinny cow)
  • Delilah (bring scissors)
  • Esau (helps if you are a red head, hairy, strong and like meat)
  • Garden of Eden (dress up like a walking garden)
  • Jacob (walk with a limp, bring vegetables, maybe a ladder)
  • Job (look inflicted with disease but really happy)
  • Jonah (look wet)
  • Leperous person (needs lots of body makeup)
  • Locusts (plague of)
  • Loaf of bread
  • Nathan (bring bow and arrows, find a David at the party and hang out with him all night)
  • Olive tree
  • Pharoah (look plagued)
  • Pillar of salt (wife of Lot, perhaps paint all grey stand still like statue)
  • Salt (be like salt)
  • One of the Three Wisemen (or all three if you go with some friends)
  • A whale

1 comment:

Jo said...

I haven't looked at your blog for a while. These are hilarious. I feel slightly sorry for anyone who goes as Nathan and then doesn't find a David to hang around with, since no suggestions for a David costume are forthcoming. Oh, and of course the whale.