Following the ever-so romantic date #1 and a wonderfully sunny afternoon in Stamford, we decided that if the relationship was ever going to go anywhere we really needed to spend more than 8 hours together in 5 weeks. And as nice as the A1 is, sometimes it can't quite provide everything you're looking for.
So after the slower than walking pace bus journey to the station and the delights of the book-online-collect-your-tickets-at-the-station-it's-easy-machine I just about squeezed onto the train with the million other people who had also thought it a good idea to go away for the bank holiday at the start of half term. Thankfully when I boarded my second train I discovered that Hull wasn't a popular holiday destination and enjoyed nearly a whole carriage to myself.
Three whole days! I got taken round the run route (which, we discovered, has 2 post boxes), shown the sights of Hull, had a trip out to Bishop Burton for a lovely lunch and lost badly at articulate. I stayed with the lovely Carl and Lizzie who were wonderful hosts. They put me at ease on the first night, explaining how the blood on the wall at the top of the stairs wasn't helping them sell the house, but the bodies had been well hidden so I needn't worry. We laughed a lot and bonded over chocolate brownies and dr who. And Mitch made the most fantastic paella.
And after much practising, Carl and Mitch almost always got my name right, calling me Andrea on only one occasion.
Event 35: In which my name was changed
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment