They should be banned. Can't this coalition government do something useful and pass a law making it illegal for bugs to enter homes without permission? I mean, I can't just happily wander into anyone's bathroom...
There are many different types of bugs. I can cope with spiders (as long as they aren't too big) and a 'just ignore them' attitude works quite well as they soon trundle off. The sad news however is that the friendly spider who shared my living room (with permission) was found dead last week. Obviously I need more flies.
Then there are bugs with large families. One on its own is ok, but when they bring the whole clan it's just a bit overwhelming. I'm a little sensitive on this topic since we lost the war with the ants. They were most definitely not invited.
Type of bug no. 3 is what I term '3D bugs'. These are presumptive little fellows who are not content with sticking to the walls/floor and think it's their right to own the airspace too. Things like moths and daddy longlegs. Yet they're not too hard to deal with as they're gullible little suckers and can easily be tempted out of the room I want to be in by making it dark and leaving a nice bright light on elsewhere. (Ok, perhaps that's not 'dealing' with them so much as shifting the problem...).
Now obviously this post was prompted by something. I don't just go on ranting about bugs for no reason. I recently encountered a creepy trickster of a bug, who I have to confess ended up the worse for wear. I saw one or two of these in Cambridge. Horrible slippery things with great long feathery whiskers. And last night as I went to brush my teeth one slithered across the bathroom floor at full speed. Yuk yuk yuk. Any bug that is able to squeeze out from in between the glass and the card underneath it doesn't deserve to live. I was not impressed at the suggestion from my husband-to-be that if it was a Yorkshire bug it might be friendly and I should offer it some tea. It's alright for him, it's not his bathroom that he wants to turn into a bugs' tea room. May the fate of this pioneering bug be a reminder to all bugs who so presume to be able to stride into my house uninvited that they are most definitely not welcome.
No comments:
Post a Comment