I've arrived. I left behind the work restructures and redundancies, the freezing living room and the building site I called home and have gained a whole house to myself, full of boxes waiting to be unpacked. After a week of packing, painstakingly packaging up all my treasured belongings (of which, I have decided, I have far too many) and carefully stacking boxes, the last thing I feel like doing is emptying them all again. I might as well make the packing worth it and leave things boxed up for a while...
I have 7 new friends. There's Naomi, who popped round to see me on Monday with baby George, and her husband Richard. There's Nigel the vicar and his wife Amanda. Then there's Katy, Mitch and Mitch's girlfriend Emily who doesn't live in Hull but comes to visit quite a bit. They are all very lovely and I have been invited to dinner 3 times in the last week so I'm doing very well! 8 days in and I think it's going to be ok. Despite what the south says, the north is actually very nice :-)
A massive thank you to my wonderful parents for travelling half way round the country in a van to get me up here. 479 miles of love and devotion to their daughter (repaid with a plate of pasta, a cup of tea and a biscuit).
Event 43: 479 miles
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment